Friday, July 24, 2009

Spotted: DC Fashion Crime - The Usual Suspects

Since starting this little blog, my friends have turned into contributors in the form of cool hunters, fellow judgey bears and fashion police. More posts to come with more attributions, but a Friday morning short from SS's metro ride...

Apparently a "gentleman" got on at Dupont Circle, decked out in a full seersucker suit, sporting a Vineyard Vines/J. Crew type pink tie with, here's the kicker, yellow butterflies. Hey douchebag, it's seersucker Thursdays.

No, seriously, the seersucker thing needs to stop. Like it's one thing as a cute dress--my little and I both sported them this weekend, but boutique/Calvin Klein style--the kind with actual shape, not preppy gag me style. I get the seersucker shorts/skirt. But seersucker suits. To work. With complementary retarded tie. Unless you're impersonating Colonel Sanders or mocking Seersucker Thursday, retire it. I beg you. Or don't...because douchebags are easier to spot in uniform.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you, I think the seersucker dresses are very cute and that is exactly why this pattern should be left to the females...full-blown seersucker suit + pink/yellow tie = kill yourself..the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can we take bets about whether he was a republican or democrat?

    ReplyDelete