Thursday, July 30, 2009

Commute Hours Are For Commuters

Dear Tourists, school trips, and other youth field trippers,

So I admit that I do not know when commute hours start, but I can tell you exactly when they end. In the morning, 9:30 and at night, 7:00.

The other day, I get on the increasingly crowded Metro (how does this investigation on the red line mean that the blue line can't run 8 car trains?!), and there is an entire f***ing Girl Scout troop on there. And those little bitches don't even have any cookies. They don't know how to hang on and go flying every which way every time the train speeds up or slows down. They are all clustered in the doorway making it incredibly difficult for people to get on or off and they are taking up seats. I seriously don't get it. If you wait until 9:30, the Metro will be less crowded and CHEAPER! Do you really need to get to the National Mall by 9? Really? Because I actually need to get to work by 9, so I DON'T HAVE THE OPTION TO AVOID YOU. And do not get me started on the escalator factor... HOW HARD IS IT TO STAND TO THE RIGHT?!

I know I grew up in total urban sprawl, but our field trips were on rented school buses. Why is it that people think taking 40 kids on the Metro, during commute hours, is a good idea? I'll give you a hint, it isn't. Field trippers, do everyone a favor and pay the extra money to rent a bus. And tourists, just go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment