Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Amen!

STFU, Marrieds chronicles the disgusting coupledom that breeds on Facebook--people see other people being disgusting and coupley and married on Facebook and suddenly everyone thinks it's OK. Or worse that it says something negative about your relationship if you and your significant other aren't disgusting and coupley all over the public place. As someone in a relationship that feels no compulsion to list it on my Facebook profile, I'm letting you in on a little secret: It's gross and annoying. And I'm glad STFU, Marrieds is on my side and publicly shaming the over-romantic among us.

Oh, and people from high school, if you end up on the site, I submitted you. God love the south...

(Thx MD)

3 comments:

  1. Agreed, no couple pics either, please! It's only ok to post a picture of yourself in your wedding dress if you look daaaamn hot and want the world to know that damn trainer and $5k dress were worth it, and don't they all wish they could be as hot as you anyway? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially albums of you making out with your S.O. It makes me vom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I particularly like the people who chronicle a fight and subsequent make up as if it should be public knowledge.

    ReplyDelete