Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fire Allison Parker

August tends to be incredibly slow in DC. Congress goes into recess and all of us whose jobs vaguely revolve around Congress end up twiddling our thumbs and counting down to Restaurant Week. I personally have been watching a lot of Melrose Place on my computer. ( I already watched all of the West Wing [several times], Ally McBeal, Studio 60, and my usuals. Seriously, I love Surf the Channel.)

So, as the older, wiser, job-having version of myself, one thing occurs to me watching Melrose Place (seasons 1 and 2): Allison Parker totally sucks at her job. She misses deadlines, she disappears, she comes in late, she mouths off to her boss, she spaces out at work due to all of the Aaron Spelling trademark drama in her life--she would absolutely get fired. She definitely wouldn't get promoted. Amanda may be a bitch, but she does her work, and she does it well, backstabbing and all.

I hate watching television with the eyes of an adult. Monday I caught myself ranting to no one at all how age-inappropriate all of the Gossip Girl characters are. Growing up is hard to do...

3 comments:

  1. Aaron Sorkin? I think you mean Aaron Spelling, who executive produced Melrose Place, but I really would say Darren Star. :)

    Picturing Melrose Place as done my Aaron Sorkin, that would be amusing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There would be a lot more pedi-conferences and a lot of talking about sex. But a lot less sex if it were done by Sorkin. Although, Spelling did 7th Heaven, and there was a lot of sex talk there, and not a lot of sex...

    Eh, would have been amusing nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note to self: only one Aaron S. per blog post from now on.

    ReplyDelete