Monday, September 14, 2009

Southern Charm - Or Something

So this past weekend I had the pleasure of visiting Little Rock, Arkansas for a wedding. I was seriously stoked. Seriously. See, I want to visit all 50 states, but I don't actually want to visit all 50 states (like whichever Dakota doesn't have Mt. Rushmore - what's the point?!).

So, on the plane ride over I met two lovely women. The first told me that West Virginia is cultured compared to Arkansas. And she was from Little Rock... The second had moved to Charlotte (where, incidentally I had to change planes to board a puddle jumper, because no real planes fly into Little Rock) and kept talking about what a huge city it was. Now, I realize Charlotte isn't a small town, but a huge city? Hardly.

When I arrived to the single terminal airport, my fiance and the groom picked me up. They had a great story about using the groom's navigation on his Blackberry to get to Wal-Mart that guided them straight to the center of a trailer park. No, I am not kidding, exaggerating, or otherwise messing with you. Right into a trailer park.

But, with the small town feel, also comes the small town charm. Everyone was incredibly nice and polite. AND, we stayed at a 4 star hotel (complete with a daily duck parade) for $109 a night. So, maybe I should give the other Dakota a chance too.

No comments:

Post a Comment