Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Comcast--The Saga Continues

I took a brief nap this evening when I got home from work (having a boyfriend on a four hour time change can often lead to such juvenile behavior) and awoke to a message from Comcast asking me to call a 1-866 number "about my account." Gee, can you vague that up for me a little? You're overwhelming me with the detail.

So, after I arose, I called the number. I was told by an automated message that all of the representatives were busy and then subjected to what should have been hold music, but I'm pretty sure was just static. After holding for a while, I was put to a voicemail and told to leave a message for "Box Number 5." I figured this had to be a mistake, so I hung up and repeated the process, static for hold music and all.

In the end, I left a message for good ole Box Number 5 and this is what I said:

Hi, this is Elle Kay. I'm returning a call from you to call this number and now I suppose I will wait for another call, which is generally representative of the fantastic customer service I've received from you. Please give me a call back to discuss whatever vague issue with my Comcast account you alluded to on my voicemail [and here I left my phone number.]
I couldn't help but think of Shirley Jackson.

I feel fairly certain that they're calling to threaten to shut off my service even though I've paid my bill (and the amount has been deducted from my bank account, I checked) and explained to them that it's their fault that they didn't receive the payment in a more timely manner. It would just be so...them. I'll keep y'all updated. Keep sharing your horror stories. This will be like group therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment