Thursday, March 11, 2010

I Love to Hate You

My continuing mantra: I don't blog about work, but suffice to say, it's been crazy busy lately...and also there's been a lot of crazy. To comfort myself, I turn to one of my all-time favorite hobbies: internet stalking people I hate.

What? It relaxes me.

Now, usually Facebook--aka stalker's paradise--is sufficient. I've mentioned, well, many times that I am a huge fan of not being a huge fan of my brother's significantly younger girlfriend. Her recent unprotected (heh) Facebook activity leads me to believe that perhaps she and my brother are not together any more, because she's moved out and neither of those dudes in her profile pic are dearest bro. Fascinating! Because I thought when you managed to survive law enforcement relationship counseling (that's my way of saying the cops were called over a domestic violence dispute while trying to deny my white trash family) you can survive anything. Ahhhh, Facebook. (Try commenting on one of her wall posts or pictures...pretty sure you totally can!)

But what about those nemeses that are actually college educated? Like the one whose Facebook profile you used to happily stalk because you were good enough frenemies to be Facebook friends back when she separated all of her interests with hearts and they included "Ralph Lauren slim fit polos in every color" and "my pink rhinestoned Blackberry." Stupid bitch had to grow up, realize that was unprofessional and get a job AT FACEBOOK where she learned all about privacy settings. So how come I can still see her "Best of Vegas" album?! Bitch, close your mouth...and wipe that shit off your face, no one needs that much makeup...and don't even get me started on the bronzer.

When Facebook fails you, never fear, there's plenty of fun on the internet at large. Who doesn't love a gal whose Twitter name is actually Libby's a Princess, even if her tweets are blocked? But that's not nearly enough. No no, for extra bad days there's the single most vapid thing you've ever read. Personal favorite entry: her Yelp of Southwest Airlines written as if she is Charlotte York. No, not kidding. And when you thought it just couldn't get any better, there's her bio for SF's semi-grown up sorority (so that none of us ever have to really grow up), Spinsters.

Now, one might ask, "what incident precipitated this hatred." Doesn't matter. The hatred doesn't need a reason, it's a reward all it's own. Join me. Internet stalk incredibly hatable people you don't even know. You know you want it. Doooooooo ittttttttttt.

UPDATE: In chatting with Tami this morning, I realized that I left out perhaps the best part of loving to hate dear ole Libby: she was Miss Stanislaus County 2005. No. Joke. Stanislaus: a small but important step above Fresno.

8 comments:

  1. this better have been inspired by the someecard I sent you

    ReplyDelete
  2. KSex, I LOVE YOU. So glad I get to read your entries again. There's a list of websites I check every morning, and yours is one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God a Mean Girl-style infiltration is tempting at the moment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently Fresno's airport code is: FAT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Write Honourable GentlemanMarch 14, 2010 at 3:14 PM

    Fresno Air Terminal. Totally true, I've used it. It's one of the reasons Fresno is infinitely better than Stanislaus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, Fresno County is actually a step *better* than Stanislaus County. And bigger (3.917 times bigger, in fact). FAT.

    PLUS, the Fresno airport has been renamed "Fresno Yosemite International" because we fly to Mexico :)

    I just had to put my 2 cents in... can't stand to see Fresno get hated on by anyone except people who are FROM Fresno.

    <3

    ReplyDelete