Monday, October 26, 2009

Oh Internet, How I Love You

As is often a favorite topic of conversation, friends and I were discussing my 38 year old brother's 22 year old girlfriend. We went on an amusing journey through her unprotected Facebook photos and stumbled upon fugly internet gold. Please enjoy.

me: her friend designs ugly ass clothes, wow
Wen: i'm so glad i left the south
me: f'ing tell me about it. look at these ugly ass clothes http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=Devan+Logan&init=quick#/photo.php?pid=79795&id=100000227014223
Wen: ok gross. why did you show me that
me: because it's like a car wreck...can't look away and want to point it out to others
Wen: it wasn't a joke. i thought it was, but it's a real advertisement for someone's design. And it looks like they used a camera phone to take the shot
me: right?!
Wen: it looks like a ten year old's art project
me: I know!
Wen: it looks like a picture someone would display in a picture frame made out of Popsicle sticks
me: hahaha
me: Oh, wait wait...yes! http://copelanddesigns.com/
Wen: they look like costumes
me: http://www.myspace.com/copeland_designs
Wen: OH DEAR GOD
me: oh god, it's just so good. I hate to admit this, but Devan dresses well; there's no way she likes this shit
Wen: how can anyone?? i know hippies who might, but they pull it off better
me: what are you talking about, I love brightly colored taffeta on fat girls
Wen: i'm gonna wrap this tulle around me and tie the ends in a ribbon that mounts on my head!
me: fashion!
Wen: birthday cake chic

4 comments:

  1. You have to go to Kelli Copeland's public myspace page (the personal one, not the one for the hideous fashions) and look at the vessels of worship photo on the left side and the hoochie dancing below (priceless!): http://www.myspace.com/kelli_marie_

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, score! May I just say, well done. I thought I was out of Kelli Copeland based entertainment, but it just keeps getting better.

    And there's added amusement, because she has my brother's gf as one of her friends. Devan's MySpace profile is protected. Someone please explain to me what kind of person puts privacy settings on her MySpace, but not her Facebook. Clearly you're aware of privacy settings and their function.

    ReplyDelete
  3. to quote ms. zoe - I. DIE.

    you know, i once forced my brother to break up with his girlfriend because she made the unfortunate choice of pairing chartreuse eye shadow with a chartreuse camisole...to his graduation ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like she wants to be mocked. Possibly even poked with a stick.

    To mela....was his gf trying to tell him she had a disease? Because that would be a pretty clever way to do it.

    ReplyDelete