Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I Think You're Being Overcharged...

Back in September, Tami made a really good point about the voice over on one of our mutual favorite shows, How I Met Your Mother.

Watching Gossip Girl, another question on the same subject occurs to me: what's with the famous folks voicing unseen roles? Besides being unrealistic, pretending that Josh Radnor is going to suddenly sound like Bob Saget in the next twenty years just seems like bad business--why pay two actors when you could pay one?

And what the hell is Kristen Bell doing as the voice of Gossip Girl? I guess she has a distinctive voice...sorta...kinda, but she's also damn hot and riding some Forgetting Sarah Marshall fame (and how could we possibly forget Veronica Mars?!) You're telling me there's not one slightly pudgey, eh looking current-waitress-wannabe-actress chick in all of Hollywood with a decent voice who would gleefully perform that role for a tenth of the price and, at the producers' request--nay, demand--pretend to be a press hating recluse? There is a recession, people!

Hell, I'd do it. XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment