Monday, November 9, 2009

Dear Under-Developed Beings with Rolley Briefcases...

You are the scourge of humanity. You take up an extra stair on the escalator. You cut people off and don't even f'ing notice--you're like people who suddenly gain tons of weight and then underestimate their radius of clearance. You practically take up the walking space of an entire second person...an entire second person that you've conveniently forgotten that you're dragging behind you.

One day I'm going to walk around with a red wagon purposely cutting off people with rolley briefcases and acting oblivious just to see if I can get one of them to express displeasure so that I can yell at them.

5 comments:

  1. I work at the airport. you have no idea how much I am snapping along with you. (theta snaps? no?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, try being in law school. I trip over these assholes on a DAILY basis

    Is there someway you can get this entry published as an op-ed, Elle? I really, really, REALLY HATE these people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You want me to exert my PR resources on pitching this lil' rant as an op-ed to your school newspaper? Eh, what the hell else am I doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes, I know this is a little below your talent levels but it needs to be said in as many venues as possible. If we take no preventative measures now, I can guarantee you more children will grow up thinking this sort of behavior is OK.

    And before you start with your "See, children are inherently evil little sociopaths, etc," argument, allow me to point out that you'll save a lot of time directing your energy towards people w/ rolling backpacks instead of people w/ children, simply because if given the choice, most people will choose to save the children instead of the backpacks.

    But people with strollers who use them in the same manner as these oblivious assholes with rolling backpacks? Just die.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i second evan's motion as a fellow law student that engages in daily battle with these assholes.

    also seriously considering your little red wagon idea.

    ReplyDelete