Monday, January 18, 2010

Los Angeles is A Strange Place

When I was a kid, I loved visiting Los Angeles. It was this magical place with great food, good shopping and perfect weather. Don't get me wrong, there still is some great food and excellent shopping. And while the weather is usually perfect, we were just unlucky enough to come the weekend where rain ended the long drought there. But, when I was younger, I never noticed how ridiculous the people in LA are.

Everyone knows the LA stereotype - superficial people that are all trying to break into show business. But nothing makes that seem so real that like witnessing a child that couldn't have been more than 4 or 5 getting extensions in the kiddie hair salon. It was tragic, because this little girl had the most adorable little afro puff, and the extensions were certainly not an improvement.

DC has its own crazy. But, I somehow find it preferable to LA. If nothing else, it's pretty easy to be considered thin and stylish in DC!

1 comment:

  1. having been born and raised in LA, i can tell you i've spent the 6 years since i moved away expunging all traces of that city from my person. the culture sucks there. the bold-faced staring starts the moment you land in LAX. it's a weird thing to live in a city where everyone just wants to be looked at.

    ReplyDelete